Fractionated CO2-Deka Dot Laser
What is the DEKA DOT laser?
- DEKA DOT is Fractional CO2 laser that uses a laser skin resurfacing technology that is considered safer, more powerful and more efficient than previous CO2 lasers.
- Offers the benefits of a traditional Fractional CO2 treatment WITHOUT the significant discomfort and extended downtime associated with other fractional CO2 treatments.
- Performed by DEKA DOT laser, with it’s proprietary SMARTpulse technology. The pulses deliver a controlled micro-trauma to the skin layers creating micro-channels to stimulate the skin’s innate repair and renewal process.
- DEKA DOT therapy spaces the pulses so a lot of healthy tissues remain untouched between the micro-channels, while the “dots” stimulate renewal and collagen. These areas of healthy tissues is what allows the skin to heal more rapidly and minimizing overall damage than with other resurfacing treatments.
- Used for face most often but can treat more sensitive areas such as the neck, back of the hands and area around the eyes as well.
- Treatment is customizable, can be light, moderate or aggressive depending on goals of treatment
What skin conditions does the DEKA DOT treat?
- Fine lines and Wrinkles
- Crepey Skin
- Skin Laxity
- Uneven Skin Texture
- Sun damage
- Brown spots and hyperpigmentation
- Acne scars
What to expect during/after your DEKA DOT treatment?
- Treatment are usually done in 30 minutes for a full face.
- Initial reactions to DOT Therapy include redness, warmth, discomfort and swelling of the treated areas. The skin will feel as if sunburned.
- You will clearly see the DOTS immediately after treatment before they fade away.
- Cool compresses every 30 to 90 minutes for the first few days is recommended to minimize swelling.
- A gentle, non-active moisturizer applied several times a day is helpful to keep the skin moist while healing since the skin may feel very dry and rough after the treatment.
- Expect eventual peeling or flaking of the outer skin layer which will reveal a fresher looking skin.
- Redness and swelling may last up to 13 days but most swelling subsides after day 7.
- Broad Spectrum Physical Sunscreen such as Elta MD is also essential.
Does it hurt?
Numbing cream is applied 60 minutes before the start of treatment and Laughing gas system called Pro-Nox is used during the treatment to make treatment tolerable. Everyone’s pain threshold is different but some have described it as a 3 out of 10 on a pain scale.
How many treatment sessions do I need?
- One treatment can yield amazing results with fresher, brighter skin.
- Depending on the desired results, a series of three treatments scheduled no sooner than 4-6 weeks apart may be advised.
Are there different treatment options?
The treatment can be customized depending on the outcome goals.
- Light treatment option- Excellent anti-aging option and pigment reduction. Downtime/pain is significantly less with this option. This treatment is also known as the SMARTpeel.
- Medium treatment- Excellent option for those with moderate evidence of skin changes associated with age and/or sun damage.
- Aggressive treatment- Ideal for those with significant lines, texture irregularity, very lax skin and/or have deep acne scars.
When will I see results after my treatment?
What is difference between Ablative, non-ablative and Fractional laser treatments?
- ABLATIVE laser treatments work mainly on the epidermis (surface skin cells)
- Non-ablative treatments work solely on dermal collagen (more the mid-layer of the skin only)
- Fractional laser treatment works at BOTH the epidermal and dermal layers of the skin.