Fractionated CO2-Deka Dot Laser
What is the DEKA DOT laser?
- DEKA DOT is Fractional CO2 laser that uses a laser skin resurfacing technology that is considered safer, more powerful and more efficient than previous CO2 lasers.
- Offers the benefits of a traditional Fractional CO2 treatment WITHOUT the significant discomfort and extended downtime associated with other fractional CO2 treatments.
- Performed by DEKA DOT laser, with it’s proprietary SMARTpulse technology. The pulses deliver a controlled micro-trauma to the skin layers creating micro-channels to stimulate the skin’s innate repair and renewal process.
- DEKA DOT therapy spaces the pulses so a lot of healthy tissues remain untouched between the micro-channels, while the “dots” stimulate renewal and collagen. These areas of healthy tissues is what allows the skin to heal more rapidly and minimizing overall damage than with other resurfacing treatments.
- Used for face most often but can treat more sensitive areas such as the neck, back of the hands and area around the eyes as well.
- Treatment is customizable, can be light, moderate or aggressive depending on goals of treatment
What skin conditions does the DEKA DOT treat?
- Fine lines and Wrinkles
- Crepey Skin
- Skin Laxity
- Uneven Skin Texture
- Sun damage
- Brown spots and hyperpigmentation
- Acne scars
What to expect during/after your DEKA DOT treatment?
- Treatment are usually done in 30 minutes for a full face.
- Initial reactions to DOT Therapy include redness, warmth, discomfort and swelling of the treated areas. The skin will feel as if sunburned.
- You will clearly see the DOTS immediately after treatment before they fade away.
- Cool compresses every 30 to 90 minutes for the first few days is recommended to minimize swelling.
- A gentle, non-active moisturizer applied several times a day is helpful to keep the skin moist while healing since the skin may feel very dry and rough after the treatment.
- Expect eventual peeling or flaking of the outer skin layer which will reveal a fresher looking skin.
- Redness and swelling may last up to 13 days but most swelling subsides after day 7.
- Broad Spectrum Physical Sunscreen such as Elta MD is also essential.
* Results may vary
Does it hurt?
Numbing cream is applied 60 minutes before the start of treatment and Laughing gas system called Pro-Nox is used during the treatment to make treatment tolerable. Everyone’s pain threshold is different but some have described it as a 3 out of 10 on a pain scale.
How many treatment sessions do I need?
- One treatment can yield amazing results with fresher, brighter skin.
- Depending on the desired results, a series of three treatments scheduled no sooner than 4-6 weeks apart may be advised.
Are there different treatment options?
The treatment can be customized depending on the outcome goals.
- Light treatment option- Excellent anti-aging option and pigment reduction. Downtime/pain is significantly less with this option. This treatment is also known as the SMARTpeel.
- Medium treatment- Excellent option for those with moderate evidence of skin changes associated with age and/or sun damage.
- Aggressive treatment- Ideal for those with significant lines, texture irregularity, very lax skin and/or have deep acne scars.
When will I see results after my treatment?
What is difference between Ablative, non-ablative and Fractional laser treatments?
- ABLATIVE laser treatments work mainly on the epidermis (surface skin cells)
- Non-ablative treatments work solely on dermal collagen (more the mid-layer of the skin only)
- Fractional laser treatment works at BOTH the epidermal and dermal layers of the skin.