Wrinkle Reducing Neurotoxins
What are wrinkle reducing neurotoxins and how do they work?
- Neurotoxins such as Botox® or Xeomin® are injectable solutions that temporarily inhibits muscle contractions reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It works primarily on dynamic muscles, muscles that are active in facial expressions
- Repeated use may prevent wrinkles from forming
- 10-15 minute procedure with minimal discomfort and recovery time.
- FDA approved with proven and predictable results
- Used by millions since 2002
*Results and patient experience may vary.
When will I see results and how long do the effects last?
- Can take 3-7 days to take effect but some people can see effects within hours of their procedure.
- Results that may last up to 4 months
- People with high metabolisms may have shorter durations of action
What areas can be treated ?
- Forehead lines
- Frown lines between eyebrows
- Smoker’s lines
- Crow’s Feet around the eyes
- Platysmal bands in the neck
- Muscles involved in Jaw clenching
- Bunny lines
- Hyperhidrosis (underarm sweating)
- Dimpled chin appearance
- Hooded eyelids
Is there anything I need to do before my procedure?
- To minimize bruising at the injection sites, stop medications that can thin your blood, such as ibuprofen or fish oil for a week before your treatment. Do not stop aspirin or blood thinners unless medically advised.
- Avoiding alcohol for a few days before your injections is also generally recommended to minimize risk of bruising
Is there anything I need to avoid after my procedure?
- Facials, microdermabrasion, chemical peels and vigorous exercise should be avoided for 24 hours
- Do not rub or massage the treatment area and keep the head elevated for at least four hours after treatment to prevent the treatment from migrating elsewhere and causing eyelids or eyebrows to droop
- Avoid hot showers for 24 hours, as heat could increase bruising in the area.
*Results and patient experience may vary