Infini is a radiofrequency (RF) microneedling device that uses your own body’s reaction to firm the skin by delivering energy directly to the dermis through gold-plated microneedles. This unique and innovative technology protects the top layer of the skin, allowing treatments on all skin types, even tanned skin.
What is Infini RF?
Infini RF is a device that uses radiofrequency (RF) energy to generate heat across tiny gold-plated needles that penetrate the layer of skin, known as the dermis.
This combination of needles and heat create microdamage that leads to a natural healing response involving skin remodeling and production of collagen and elastin.
Over time, skin becomes firmer and smoother.
Why Infinity RF?
- FDA cleared to treat fine lines and wrinkles
- Tightens skin
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Helps fade acne scars
- Precise energy delivery
- Safe on all skin types, even tanned skin
- Minimal downtime (makeup after 24 hours)
- Innovative technology that protects the top layer of the skin
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Infini RF?
- The radiofrequency can cause much more collagen stimulation and remodeling than microneedling alone and at a deeper skin level as well.
- Tightens skin in addition to decreasing wrinkles
- Infini RF is effective for all skin tones with little risk of hyperpigmentation because it targets the skin’s deeper layers.
- Infini RF is very effective at treating acne scars and can also improve stretch marks.
- Minimal downtime- You can resume normal activities the day after treatment.
- Collagen stimulation and remodeling continues for months even after the final treatment session.
- Needles may leave grid marks on the skin but typically fade within a few days.
- Discomfort possible due to heat from the needles. Numbing cream and “Laughing Gas” are used to minimize discomfort.
- Cannot be used if active eczema or psoriasis in treatment area.
- If you’re prone to cold sores, the treatment can trigger an outbreak. Dr. Levine will prescribe anti-viral therapy to reduce this risk.
- Minimum of 3 treatments separated 4-6 weeks apart is suggested for optimal results.
- Collagen and elastin production takes time and often takes two to four months before tightening and smoothing of the skin is noted.
What happens during an Infini RF treatment?
An Infini RF skin treatment typically takes 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the targeted area.
We start by throughly cleaning the treatment area and then applying a numbing cream to your skin. Once the numbing cream takes effect, the handheld Infini RF device that contains multiple microneedles at its tip is repeatedly stamped into your skin. Once the microneedles make contact with the skin, a warm prickling sensation can be felt, as the RF energy that is emitted as heat is delivered into the lower layer of skin known as the dermis. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is often utilized during RF microneedling treatments since they contain growth factors that may enhance collagen production and boost the skin’s healing process. Microchannels created during the microneedling process serves as an ideal way to deliver PRP into the skin.
When the full area has been treated, we will give you after care instructions to aid healing, reduce dryness and emphasizes the need to avoid sun exposure for the first two weeks after treatment, because your skin will be especially sensitive to the sun.
What is Platelet-Rich-Plasma(PRP) and why is frequently recommended with Infini RF?
Platelet-rich plasma contains healing cells together with growth factors that when applied to the skin will stimulate cell turnover and is so effective that it can even improve acne scars. Platelets are rich in growth factors, which essentially act as energy boots for our skin. This helps our skin function optimally, increasing everything from collagen to elastin, while also bringing antioxidant and hydrating properties. Microneedling is the perfect way to deliver PRP into the skin.
How long does Infini RF recovery take?
You’ll have some mild redness and swelling for up to three days. You should be able to resume your normal skin-care and makeup routine within 24 hours.
How soon will you see Infini RF results?
You may see some immediate improvement in skin texture and tone, but full results develop over months, after multiple treatments.
Cellular changes are taking place in the deeper layers of skin leading to collagen and elastin formation. This usually takes six weeks, but improvement can continue for six months.
How many Infini RF treatments are recommended?
For best results, Dr. Levine recommends a series of three treatments—spaced four to six weeks apart, to align with the rate of cell turnover and then once a year to boost skin remodeling and collagen production.
We also recommend daily sunscreen, regular skin care, laser facials +/- chemical peels to optimize your results over time.